Thursday 11 May 2017

SHOPPING!

Yes and not in wargames shops.

In the envelope all the way from China is a pack of "Fimo". I have not seen Fimo in the UK for a dozen or more years. So for the price of £3.49 including postage I ordered it from China (Via eBay). For those not in the know Fimo was a clay that you fired in the oven. Like "Das" but finer smoother and with a more plastic quality.  I am not at all worried about the colour and I am sure it is cheaper to import it from China than to try to source it locally.  I am sure to show my "attempts"  with this in the future so get set for disaster!

Additionally I acquired a grass matt from a kitchen shop. This is for rough ground in my pacific war games. Again the princely sum of £3 and as it is 10 inches wide a single pack should be more than enouh to represent rough jungle in the pacific. If it had been 12 inches wide it would have been better but what does 2 inches matter in a game of PBI where everything is measured on a grid!

In the wargame shop I had an interesting chat with a guy on how to paint figures as he is now in the process of writing a book on the Subject.

This Batch of Burpas are now finished and the Photos sent to Matt so he can suggest any changes he might want to make. Assuming no changes. (there usually is not) I will show them on Saturday.

best wishes Clint


12 comments:

  1. Now that's a bargain. Just to check the whole pack of fimo was £3.49 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danoc. Each individual coloured block is quite small BUT THE WHOLE LOT COST £3.49 inc postage. It is enough to get me started and we will see if it works!

      Delete
  2. You certainly have an eye for a bargain Clint! £3.49 all the way from China, incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Air mail as well and arrived about 6-7 days after order. You cannot beat that.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the sculpting ! Way beyond me🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, PROBABLY way beyond me as well, but you just have to try sometimes.

      Delete
  4. You sure scored a bargain with your Fimo. I'm very intrigued to see what you plan on using it for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. The Fimo will be used in making terrain. Nothing so very special.

      Delete
  5. Great finds Cint and looking forward to seeinghow you use them.
    I have some fimo, but am wary of using it (I think Hobby Craft may still sell it btw).
    My local 'Baragin Buy' has a roll of artificial grass (about a metre wide)that some may find a use for too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. The Fimo is for a trial only. But now I know I can get it from China cheap the idea has legs. And yes any artificial grass is useful to us wargamers I can see this in Pirate games as easily as the Pacific!

      Delete
  6. Bargain price looking forward to seeing your results with it. I heard you can get a good sized matt from Aldi 6ftx3ft I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. I shall check Aldi out. But I do have enough for my current needs.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.