Wednesday 3 May 2017

A mixed bag

yes a real mix of projects today. Yet one thing they do have in common is the photography is terrible. Not making excuses it is just one of those things where nothing has worked!  Oh well.


So starting with some air support for my Japanese in 15mm. This is an Academy 1/144th scale Japanese Zero. The model was just a couple of pounds on eBay. It was easy to put together. But not all that easy to paint. The actual colours went on OK no problem there. The problem comes when trying to get the right colour green. Let me explain. Aircraft modellers will tell you tat the correct Japanese green for Aircraft is a bit of a mystery. Because the colour faded so fast when applied there is no definite answer to what the "Proper colour" should be. Indeed white may be as authentic as green as the colour faded and bleached in the tropical heat. Yes you do see some Navy planes painted white, but army planes as far as I am aware should be green. So this may well be the wrong colour green. But I will not be getting a Munsel diagram out to find out. It is close enough for me in a game where it only appears occasionally

Then we have some 10mm Spanish Civil war regular army light machine guns. I will be also doing some militia LMGs as well but this gets them finished for the regular ARMY. So that is one side finished for Bayonet and Ideology. Although you can hardly see them the figures are Pendraken and in army uniforms. Green clothing but with grey helmets.

Finally here is a single Pic of my first figure from "the Walking Dead"  game finished. A single walker.  the figures are very nice and I will be doing more as soon as time permits. The figures are hard plastic and paint very well. Each of the Walkers is different so the first thing you need to do is work out how long they have been dead and paint the skin appropriately. Therefore I will be painting a variety of skin tones to represent those killed very recently and those killed during the out break.

Well that#s it for today. with luck my get up and go will return soon and I will be able to carry on with gusto!

All the best Clint

10 comments:

  1. Now I have a hankering to make a model plane! Lovely job Clint, especially on the walker, I must get into mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. The Photography is terrible on all of them. But no excuses I was happy with the walker if nothing else.

      Delete
  2. Not you finest hour, photographically speaking, but from what I can see there is nothing wrong with your painting. It must surely go without saying that I like your Walker best of all. Good job, mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. Needless to say the walker looks better in real life!. They could all be better though. When I finish all the walkers I will do a group shot and then we will see if I am deluding myself.

      Delete
  3. The walker is definitely my favourite Clint, great job on the gore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. It took me 8 attempts to try to get him in focus. Sometimes it is harder than you think. I am still not happy.

      Delete
  4. I have some of those walkers to sort as well 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. There will be more walkers.

      Delete
  5. It's a plane and it's green with red roubdels so it's obviously Japanese - job's a good'un imo.
    Walker is excellent too btw, but the lmg's ? My eyesight is failing so much that I can't make them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Joe. The Photography is rubbish even after a few attempts. But the |LMGs look alright in real life. I will try again in a few days. (Flash was not working may have been part of te issue...shaky hands may also be another part.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.