Friday 24 February 2017

Planned buys at Cavalier. Wargames show.

I will not say this is a hard and fast set of spending objectives. And NOR I will I give exact details. I do want you to look again on Sunday (night) and see the swag I managed to walk away with.

This is Just CURRENT thinking. IF I see a bargain either on a trader stall or the Bring and  buy I will nab it with no regard to what is written here! So Instead some clues.

Pacific theatre of operations.  Some troops to fight Graham. Possibly turning into a campaign MUCH later in the year!

Rogue Stars.
Yes it will be Science Fiction in 28mm and yes it will be able to fit with existing figures. This is the most open category, and the one I am most likely to sway away from and towards a slightly different thing. Partially it depends on the traders there o the day and what they are selling.  But I would expect to come back with something! I know in MY HEAD, but it may well change wen I get there. Partially it will depend on if 2nd City Games is there, as he does tend to carry some interesting second hand figures.

Yes it flies and is old! NO it is not my dreams hopes and ambitions. (You cheeky blighter!). The Markings "might" be an indication of what I am thinking nationality wise. And yes I am deliberately keeping it obscure. Some bright spark will know though of that I am sure. All I will say for sure is some troops with which to fight Matt.


It is unlikely but I will also be after some WW2 ships. Not any old ships but Japanese and American that fought in te pacific theatre. I must admit this is the least likely. I very rarely see ships being sold at a show. 90% of traders are selling ground related items. So this may be a scouting the Bring and buy more than anything (and avoiding over priced space marines!)


Well those are my plans for the show at least as far as spending is concerned. I will show you what I come back with tomorrow when I return

18 comments:

  1. Intriguing! Have a great day and looking forward to seeing what you bring back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. I had an email last night from one company They are unable to get one thing I wanted. So the list has already changed. But that has saved me about £30.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck. I hope you have a very fruitful day and find just what you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. This was my first time trying to schedule a post from the day before to go on today. So I am very glad it works.

      As mentioned above the main (planned) spend of the day has already fallen flat. So the top pic with the palm trees may no longer seem appropriate.

      However I did start reading a different set of rules last night (Hard going I know) and maybe the money is already spent!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. I am sure to get something I like.

      I will TRY to show the loot I get tomorrow night.

      Delete
  4. Let's see how well survives contact with the vendors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. Mostly I will be playing a game so my spending has to be a little bit more focused and decisions made before I step through the door. I can almost guarantee some sci fi stuff though.

      Delete
  5. Have a good one Clint and if Ray is there kick him in the shins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. I may be too busy to do so myself but I can suggest said act to either Ian Big Lee or Postie if you like.

      Delete
    2. Done, Big lee said he was happy to oblige!

      Delete
  6. Clint,

    I have some 1:3000 US, Davco & Navwar, that I was going to put in the Bring & Buy, might they be of interest?

    Andy King

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy, I am sorry they are now only of partial interest. I had ordered some 15mm WW2 Japanese 2 weeks ago. Last night I had an email informing me the company could not get the stock. IN my mind the Naval and the WW2 15mm went hand in hand.

      So my advice is put them on the bring and buy. Better for one person to have sufficient of both sides than for me to only have 1 side and be struggling to collect the other force.

      No doubt we will talk tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. OK Clint, see you tomorrow.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Rod. Some things I am pretty sure I will find as I know two figure manufacturers will be there. So it will just matter IF they have bought enough stock for the show.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.