Sunday 25 December 2016

Xmas Swag! (And now back to normal)

It has been a funny day today. I did receive a couple of Wargames Xmas gifts, not many but I am happy with them all. The Reason for the funny day is my sister brother-in-law and nephew are all flying to Dallas Texas tomorrow morning.  Just for a couple of weeks and not for good or anything like that. Which meant I put on a buffet lunch for them and not a Roast dinner. So yes technically I had Pizza for Christmas dinner! (Among many other things and will be eating left over buffet food for a few more days. )

But as wargamers you all want to know what loot I received.  In No particular order.
  • Hyena Road DVD. If you have not already seen it and are interested in modern warfare it is worth a look.
  • Fury DVD A film I have not seen yet so got to be worth a look. (Despite the big main star it still could be good! I do not have a downer on the star but on Hollywood always casting big names!)
  • A brigade Games 6mm Sci Fi Chinese Infantry Company (this was unexpected but is a complete joy!)
  • 6  packs of peter Pig Dark age Vikings. these were from my Secret Santa Thank you very Much Santa 5 of the 6 packs would have been my choice as well. The other pack, not my fist choice but probably a better choice than I would have made. So once again Thank you Santa I am very impressed with your good taste.
  • last but not least THANK you Paul. ( I do not know for sure who you are, but I do have a clue!)  12 Painted 15mm sci fi figures. 8 Men and 4 Robots. I will redo the bases just to match in with the rest of my forces. but that is the only changes I will make. I recognise every film the robots are "inspired" by yes even Hughie and Louie (or is that Hughy and Louy!) And I will get these in a game in the new year, That I promise!
Well that is the haul, small but potent. I did get other things as well, like gloves and socks... but as wargamers you do not care about them.

For my Nephew I got a box of Japanese sweets! About the size of a shoe box filled with sweets and snacks he had never tried before.... And he likes trying new foods.  I did order a "Walking Dead" novel as well so he could read it in the plane, but it is lost in the post. But It may still turn up.

While for my sister I got a 50" Girth. yes she is my BIG sister but that is for her horse and not for her! You cheeky sod! I also got her a book to read on the plane all about how a horse trains its human. yes my sister is horse mad and will be riding when in Texas!

Anyway I hope you all have received things you like  and are as happy as me. Not a massive haul but a joyous one. And once again thanks to Santa Clause and Secret Santa.

I will post again soon. All the best Clint


24 comments:

  1. Great Christmas swag, Clint. Hope you have a tip-top day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I will probably start the team project on Boxing day. Not a bad haul, most of it different from what I expected. But I am happy with it all.

      Delete
  2. That's quite a Xmas haul Clint!10 points for spotting the 2017 gag. No one else has mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. It is possible they are all being polite or maybe hung-over! Hope you are having a good day and the kids are too as well as the Ankle biter (postie)

      Delete
  3. Nice haul old boy, had never heard of Hyena Road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. Hyena Road is set in Modern Afghanistan so may not appeal to all. But as a film I liked it. It has a story which is sadly lacking in Hollywood at times. (I do not think it was made in Hollywood btw but in Canada and Afghanistan (or a dry country resembling Afghanistan.)

      Delete
  4. Looks like you scored well, I have enjoyed some wargames swag as well

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ian. It is always hard for families to get the right thing for wargamers.

      Delete
  5. Glad the day went well and what a splendid haul. Happy Christmas!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I al already back at the painting table. And dog sitting for my sister. And I hope to have more finished for the AHPC this afternoon. Although I am tempted to delay it until I get a little more done.

      Delete
  6. That's quite a neat pile of goodies you got. Good on you, mate. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice stash Clint. FYI I enjoyed Fury, Brad played the role well, a little bit Hollywood but a good distraction anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. I shall enjoy it I am sure. But I still dislike Hollywood using big name stars in almost EVERY film. But I suppose it always has done so!

      Delete
  8. Awesome loot haul enjoy Fury it's on my to watch list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. I have other things to watch first, but I am sure I shall soon.

      Delete
  9. Merry Christmas Clint - best wishes for 2017 and beyond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul, I wish you and your family well and a very pleasant new year and many years to come.

      Delete
  10. Great haul Clint and yes, Hyena Road is a good film. All the best for 2017

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. All the best to you and the family for the new year (and beyond). I have watched Hyena Road and have very much enjoyed it.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. Just had a power cut here. Luckily I run on gas for cooking so was able to fill hot water bottles! But no lights no Tv no Computer. But fixed now..... we assume (or I could not type this!)

      Delete
  12. When I choose the right watch for best replica watches sites to buy from one piece collection, I tend to look at different aspects, which must click together. First replica watches uk paypal category is size and durability. Rolex Daytona is housed by a 40mm stainless-steel case, which bast replica watches uk review is beautifully shaped and looks really sleek, and seems to be impossible to beat. I think it is the ideal size for both slender michael kors replica watches and massive wrists.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment.