Sunday 9 October 2016

SELWG SWAG (2016)

Yes I came back with £70 still in my pocket. Yes I could have spent it, quite easily really but no point at this time. Maybe a week or two later when I think of all the things I could not live without. Names in Brackets show where they came from)

So here is where the money went.

2 Sable paint brushes. (Not my favourite make but they should be good enough)... (magnetic Displays)

1 Spectre rule book. I may well do more on this next week. It was an impulse buy but it looks like my cup of tea. (Spectre Miniatures)

1 Spectre Figure which will be on its way to a fried up north soon. (Hopefully Monday).... (Spectre miniatures)

1 Beltfed miniature, another gift for a friend  (Col Bill)

Osprey D-day Fortifications in Europe. (Harfields Models)

1 Zvezda Ferdinan 1/00th scale model.  Another impulse buy. (Harfield Models)

1 Pack of Flower tufts (Debris of war)

Some 15mm Stargrunt figures (Ground Zero Games) I have nearly bought all I need for this project now.

1 Pack of Highland Cattle. (Col Bills)

So not overly extravagant, but not miserly either. Everything has a use and everything was well considered. (no It was, it really was honest).

I will do a show report tomorrow and I will even point out MY favourite game.

All the best Clint

24 comments:

  1. Oh to come back from a showcwith money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you martin. Yes I could have spent the money there were things I did want BUT better this way.

      Delete
  2. Least none of the buys will turn out to be expensive mistakes. As we've all done that in the past and learnt to regret it.

    Are the new Belt Fed girls available? (I get told nothing me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy. Yes the new belt fed girls are available. (That is one of them).

      Stu was laughing and joking despite a 6 hour journey to get there.

      Delete
    2. Stu probably won't be laughing when he sees the photos of the latest Belt Fed Girl conversion I'm working upon - First thing he'll probably say to me is, "You've covered up the breasts, again!"

      I think that's one of the reasons why I don't get to paint the BFG for the official photos ... I keep adding clothes to them! :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. Tufts were on my shopping list before I set foot in the hall. It was just a case of finding the best I could for the money.

      Delete
  4. You beat me to it with your report! Nice loots!

    Good to see you again Clint :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin, It is only swag/loot. I will probably do a show report tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. A modest, but intriguing haul Clint, I do like the look of the Spectre miniatures and will be interested to hear what you make of the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I shall do a rules review soon. But not read them just yet.

      Delete
  6. I'd be very interested in your thoughts on "Spectre" Clint, as I have the minis (form their Kickstarter), but not the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. The Spectre minies are so nice I thought to get the rules and see what they are like.

      Delete
  7. Nice loot haul dude. I will look forward to seeing what you think of the Spectre rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, Only "flicked" through the rules so far and not read them. Presentaion is very nice, but what they play like I cannot tell yet.

      Delete
  8. Nice new shiny stuff......I think considered purchases are best 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. I don't want to sound as smug as I feel, but I am happy with this haul.

      Delete
  9. Nice haul. Good to see you today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A nice modest haul there, Clint. I, too, am interested to read your thoughts on the Spectre figures and their rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I find reading rules hard, so I will NEED a few days or even a week. But initial thoughts are positive.

      Delete
  11. Very restrained, Clint and just the one impulse buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, You always get home from a show and remember what you should have gotten. That is the stage I am at now.

      But I thought 2 impulse buys. The Spectre rules and the elephant . I must do better next time.

      Delete
  12. There's a AAR game report using the Spectre rules, here [if its of use to anyone]

    http://dougieswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/spectre-operations.html

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment.