Thursday 4 August 2016

A litle bit of everything..... OK NOT evererything!

The painting Mojo has not returned so I Painted up a pair of M16 half tracks for my Arab Israeli wars collection They were still in use in the Yom Kippur war of 1973 as anti aircraft guns.

The rules say I am only allowed 1 but I had 2 models so I thought I might as well paint them both! For those of you who are not all that familiar with the M16 Halftrack if you think of a WW2 M3 American Halftrak with 4 (quad mounted) .50 Browning heavy machineguns in a small turret. Here is a pic of a real one In Israeli colours and Markings. So Colour wise I am pretty close,

The M16 was used in WW2 by America and for many people the "Matchbox" 1/76 scale plastic model was our first introduction to the machine. I know it was mine. While the guns are designed for Anti aircraft I know it can also be used against ground targets either soft skin vehicles or Infantry. By the later part of the second world war it will have little to no effect against tanks.

But in the Arab Israeli wars it still has its uses both against aircraft and to a lesser extent against ground forces, apart from tanks. but still a nice piece of kit to have on the battle field.



 Meanwhile back at the steam punk tank... no NO pictures now until I finish it. But any colonial force be they Zulus or marhdist forces does need something to counter the Beast! So the obvious choice is to include magic! I can Hear certain people "Frowning" from here. And you did not think Frowning made any noise. I can assure you that it does.

 So I present 1 Zulu "witchdoctor". Do not worry I do not see him casting any fireballs and lightning strikes, or any of that sort of malarkey. but more sort of portents and consoulting with oracles and checking the stars and maybe having "Sabotage" card to play on the tank. There may be more on this another time.


















 And finally my order from Pendraken has arrived today. I will not go through my whole list of goodies but I have got some stoff for the Steam tank and a whole new project which I hope to get completed over the winter period for Curts Analogue Hobbies painting challenge AND for the Pendraken painting competition.  No reason I cannot do both IF they come out how I hope they will.

Stay tuned to find out what mad thing I have in the planning! But Do not hold your breathe as it will take a while to get up and running!


Hope you found something interesting today. All the best Clint

14 comments:

  1. Well your painting mojo may not have returned but there is no denying your enthusiasm for a whole load of very different projects. A very interesting post, Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. I mucked up the order a little and got 2 wrong packs. I will use them. but I suspect I will need to send for a few more packs just to get going. But No biggie!

      Delete
  2. Even though your mojo is MIA you are still keeping the painted items rolling off the workbench. Nice stuff mate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. I should have 5 more Burpas finished Friday night as well.

      Delete
  3. And people say I post eclectic mixes from time to time!?! Great variance in your minis Clint, and hopefully something here will kickstart that missing mojo of yours. Fingers crossed. If not then I can always send you a selection from my backlog for you to pick and choose from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. The Mojo is still fleeting but despite that I AM forcing myself to paint. That said however I would be happy to paint ONE of your backlog if you want (No charge just as a friendly gesture.

      Delete
  4. A little bit of everything is certainly what I like and new shinies to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. new Shinies is always good. Even if like me, you did order one wrong code. Still that is not much of an issue really.

      Delete
  5. No mojo? I see lots of goodies and things to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. I am forcing myself to paint so things are getting done, but more of a drag this week than a joy.

      As for things to look forward to, there are a few on the horizon, I will not talk bout my Pendraken parcel BUT I will be re-building my small scale desert next week and from then on for a while.

      Delete
  6. If my enthusiasm was as low as your's Ithink I'd have no lead mountain!
    Always good to see that you're painting up some of your own backlog and I think that the 'witchdoctor' figure is a 'must' for any Zulu force too, having just watched the Shaka Tv series through once omore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. Painting enthusiasm is at a low, but I have 5 more Burpas for my blog tomorrow. And even if I am not enjoying painting I am able to force myself to completion. When I have enthusiasm I do tend to buy more than I paint so the lulls are quite productive as they do allow a little catchup time.

      As for the witchdoctor it may never get used but that is one reason to do 10mm figures they are so muh cheaper than 15mm figs and paint up just as well. I hope to enter the Pendraken painting competition in January and if so you will see what I can achieve IF I can stay focussed.

      Delete
  7. I remember building that halftrack :-)

    Good work and I will try not to frown too loud

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian. Frowning loudly can seriously damage your health,

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.