Saturday 16 January 2016

Maglach 2 Israeli Tank Company.

 Yep here we go again another catch up post. This is a 1/300th scale (6mm in wargames speak) Maglach 2 Tank Platoon circa 1967. All ready for my 6 day war project.

yes I keep promising to "re- cover" the desert but I think that can wait until the summer and it gets slightly warmer. So for now I will just put up with it.

The Company consists of 2 tank Command platoon and 3 platoons of 3 tanks each. They should be a very good match for my T55's (yet to be shown). I did struggle with the Hebrew lettering on the turret sides, but at that scale an going over a bumpy surface in lettering I am not sure of I can life with the result.

All the models are Heroics and Ross and each tank works out at 50p each so an affordable army to put on the table.

Rules wise I am thinking of Flames of War. As while I prefer the "Challenger 2" rules by Bruce Rea Taylor I think trying to explain the different ammunition choices to some of my club might be tricky. So Flames of war will be an easier option for a club game. I could well be wrong as I am sure there are some there who not only will understand the difference between HEAT and HESH DU (depleated Uranium) and AFPFDS many will just ask which is the best against Tanks or infantry or soft skins and to be fair it is the kind of thing that the commander and gunner would know.

More again in a couple of days.

All the best Clint






8 comments:

  1. Cor, they're lovely! I really like that last photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy. I will need to check Stuarts supply of tanks for this period/scale before the next show I attend.

      Delete
    2. Apart from the 28mm stuff, I've never really taken an interest in the other scales he has in the office, while I've been up there. Normally I'm stood near the computer while he goes rummaging in the back, tracking something down. There is some H&R 6mm stuff listed on the website though as I had to look them up the other week.

      Delete
    3. Cheers Roy I know he has some. I will email him in February. As I will not go to a show before then.

      Delete
  2. A thundering post, bravo Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, I have just mucked up the Epic fail bonus round so have had to submit something slightly different. Oh well.

      Delete
  3. Good looking force and I wouldn't have even tried to put on lettering, Hebrew or otherwise.
    I think someone described tank warfare in the desert as the purest form of tank warfare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. I agree there is something pure about tanks in the desert. But It can be all about who controls the sky. But at least few civilians to get hurt.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.