Wednesday 20 January 2016

Bonus round (Epic Fail)

I did come up with several ideas for an epic fail, unfortunately they all revolved around me spending money or making a diorama. Both of which I had decided not to do.

Instead I started to assemble and paint a medevac helicopter. But that took to long and I did not finish it.

So instead I just put in a US soldier from Vietnam covered in a grown sheet as they did with the dead until they could be taken back to camp.

very simple to paint and rather than just miss out I submitted this as an epic fail.

very quick, very simple and easy to get finished. But at the same time although a little dark in subject a Total Epic Fail as far as I am concerned.

The figure is a Grubby Tanks/Britannia model in 20mm (1/72nd scale) and is part of the helicopter medevac set. (More of those in a few  days)

Thanks for looking and more in 2 days.

All the best Clint 

18 comments:

  1. It may have been a "simple" entry Clint, but I thought its message was very clear. Great entry imho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax/Simon. I was going to do a Churchill bridge layer that fell of it's own bridge!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. THank you Fran. I liked the entry but I don't expect others to. Maybe a bit too "dark" for many.

      Delete
  3. A really poignant entry Clint, well done Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I think the Churchill Bridelayer that had fallen of its own bridge would have been funnier and given you a run for the winning slot.

      Delete
  4. Simple but effective Clint old boy (although I would like to have seen that medevac chopper...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gobbo. The Medevac Chopper is finished and I will show it in due course.

      Delete
  5. There's no denying that it fits the bill for Epic Fail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. With all the bonus rounds it really is wide open to interpretation. But As I wargame Vietnam it was an easy solution, I am not saying the best solution but just an easy one.

      Delete
  6. Very poignant Clint and a little sad too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I also put up "Let the sunshine in!" The final song from the musical "Hair" on the blog post which did make it sadder. So I removed it from my own blog.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Roger, although desperate was a better description in my head.

      Delete
  8. I did like this, but am still sad that the other one couldn't have been finished in time. Let's see how the future ones go..

    Though I am with you on not wanting to go too far with dioramas or buying models for the challenges.. I think it is better to use what you got, and go from there..Else all your doing is adding to the great lead pile in the end!

    Great work as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kyle. I totally agree with your comments about adding to the lead Mountain. Believe it or Not I am trying to reduce it .

      Delete
  9. Nice idea. Looks good and having seen the chopper already very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. Nothing decided for the next bonus round just yet, SEVERAL ideas though, might just be related to this though (no NOT a cemetery).

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.