Thursday 14 January 2016

Big Trouble in the Tiny Dojo.

Yes I know I have not posted much recently. I have been busy. The painting has not stopped or even slowed down very much but I have been struggling with the blog posts as I hurry to get things done for the Analogue Painting Challenge.  These figures appeared on it Tuesday so it is safe to share them here now.

I want to play more zombie games this year and these are for that. 3 Dixon Yakuza martial artists that I picked up from Colonel Bill in the autumn. Anyway long story short. I am planning a zombie game at the club where everyone plays a martial artist survivor holed up in a dojo and the zombies attacking it. The zombies will not know any kung fu or if they do will not use it while in Zombie brain mode! WE can't have them doing flying kicks left right and centre, inly the survivors.

The idea is pure  "B" movie so the plot will of course be very naff. Yeah OKAY there may be a distinct lack of plot.... it is a zombie movie after all. Rules wise I did look at "Fist full of Kung Fu"  by Osprey but I think 7ombie TV will actually work better with each character stated as a co-star with some special martial arts skills. There will of course be no Gun, so no "Gun-fu" distance killing all very close and personal. (Giving the zeds more chance to bite!

Thanks for checking on the blog every so often I will try to post more frequently. And when the game takes place there will be an AAR>

All the best Clint


16 comments:

  1. You've certainly been on fire at the moment, but I always like to comment on the individual's personal blog and so look forward to the updates. These were great Clint and I can't wait to see them take on the zeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. It is clear to me people who like zombies also like B movies and kung fu!

      Delete
  2. That's some nice painting. I can remember you mentioning the dojo idea last year, so its nice to see the survivors - especially as I'd not see the sculpts before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy. I bought them from Stuart. And as soon as I saw tem the idea popping into my head.

      Delete
  3. What a fascinating new project. I'll be following this with keen interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. Fists and feet against zombies, what is not to like.

      Delete
  4. Nice figures dude, look forward to seeing them in action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gobbo. I like the idea. Now it is a case of bringing it to fruition.

      Delete
  5. Kung Fu vs zombie - sounds exciting! I'll look forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C6. It just sounds too much fun not to give it a try!

      Delete
  6. Interesting format for a zombie game - should be a great deal of "fun for all the family".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. The unruly children (Middle aged men) at the wargames club should be happy.

      Delete
  7. Ha, this sounds like a great idea! I am more of an "improvised weapons" guy myself, but now that you mention it, I do wonder how many drop kicks a person can do before the undead hordes break their spirit. Or legs. Mostly legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mathyoo. I suspect zombie players are more open to these sort of ideas than traditional wargamers. But I could be very wrong.

      Delete
  8. They look brilliant. The game sounds great to me. I always struggled with 7ombietv to match up characters properly with the types listed. It could be a good way to test out 7TV2. (the PX guide has zombie rules in)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. We all have our favourite set of rules and what works for one may not work for another. But I think It will work for me, so I will give it a go. (I just need to build a dojo for the game!)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.