Friday 25 December 2015

Christmas gifts

Well I only received 2 wargames related gifts from Santa this year.

I know I was saying that it had not turned up. BUT as it happens one of the two did turn up. I am still waiting for the Painted miniature from Chris Stosen's Blog (Wargaming Odds and ends). But I am sure it will arrive.

Firstly from My secret Santa. What I have received I can say I am truly Happy with. I was previously unaware of "Pure Evil Miniatures" And looking at the Resin beast I am very impressed. It is a multi part Resin Kit and all the pieces seem to fit together very well. I really like it and seriously doubt that I could have gotten anything better. So a BIG thank you to me Secret Santa I think this is an inspiring gift and I am very very thankful. It really is Great! I only hope I can paint it as well as it deserves.

From my sister. I received "Dragon Rampant" rules by Osprey. I have yet to read them (just flicking through the pics at the moment). But they are well presented and I hope as good as the historical version. I also hope it can get me back into Fantasy Wargaming since I gave up on GW. Whatever the out come I will keep you informed.

Thanks for Popping by I realise you must be busy today and that time is precious.

All the best Clint

22 comments:

  1. Wow Clint, that model is amazing... Utterly brill and terrifying at the same time. I look forward to reading your thoughts on "Dragon Rampant". Hope you're having a very enjoyable Christmas, and I hope in the New Year to (finally) meet you at Salute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. I agree the model is AMAZING! I am totally impressed with it.

      Mixed feeling at Dragon Rampant at the moment. I will know more after a read.

      As for Salute I may well give it a miss in 2016 as I did find it a hassle last year. Yes there was a lot of good stuff there. But overall I am feeling "Meh!" about the show.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha.. See Santa works in mysterious ways... Have a great Xmas Clint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. Still one secret Santa to come but that is one fabulous gift.

      Delete
  3. That is a great looking mini, obviously you have been a very good boy

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ian. The miniature is brilliant. I am so looking forward to painting it. And a bit (well Okay a LOT) terrified of mucking it up.

      Delete
  4. I painted one of those last year and it paints up really easily with washes and drybrushing thanks to all the texture on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. IT really is a lovely model. I will take your advice on board and hope I can do as good a paint job ad the figure deserves.

      Delete
  5. You should have some fun with both of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. The Monster is erhm well monstrous. As for the rules yet to read but so far so good as I skim them.

      Delete
  6. I really do like that resin beastie. I'd be delighted to receive one of them. Have fun painting him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I am DELIGHTED. The beastie is Fab!

      Delete
  7. That monster is truly disgusting, disturbing and revolting, I'm sure you'll have great fun painting him (it?) up too - another addition to your Frostgrve set-up maybe ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Nope not destined for Frostgrave at all. I did mention that I would like to do some Lovecraft Wargaming and this fits the bill perfectly!

      Delete
  8. That is one cool miniature Clint and I am looking forward to see it full painted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete. I suspect it might cause a bit of a stir in VBCW land!

      Delete
  9. You where on the nice list then Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bob. I am very grateful to whom so ever sent it That is for sure.

      Delete
  10. That is a very nice monster Clint :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. You are correct it is a very nice monster! I really like it. Will it get painted before long I wonder or will I just salivate over it? Probably the later for a while.

      Delete
  11. That is an awesome mini clint. Would be good with Paranormal Exterminators to go up against it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. It is quite a beast. I am thinking more Lovcraft than Ghostbusters.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.