Tuesday 18 August 2015

Ladies!!

Today it is the ladies in A VBCW. Starting with 3 domestic staff. The two figures on either end are Ironclad miniatures while the centre I think may be foundry! (But Not Sure). The Ironclad figures are quite large and the bases quite thick which makes them even taller. The one on the right has been converted to wear a steel helmet as well. I went for a dark grey as opposed to black uniforms as while black is used in "Downton Abbey" I felt that black may have made the figures look too dark. And domestic staff did have a variety of coloured uniforms including dark blue, brown and light grey but I did not want them to look too colourful.

The woman with the bike is I am told Foundry as well, part of the Dad's Army range. She is possibly a character from "The Eagle has landed" according to Matt. So typical of me I went with period colours that just felt right and not looked at the film.

In the final picture yet more variety of makes. The first figure is again Ironclad miniatures (Converted to a banner carrier). Then a Hasslefree and 3 foundry on the end. All the colours are of the period used in various fashions including the teal shoes of the lady on the far right. I have tried to make the ladies appear as if they come from a variety of different backgrounds, everything from Farm Labourers wife to high society. Just to give them a more random look. There are maybe a lady or two to catch Bertie Woosters Eye, or more rather he to catch their eye!

I will try to get a group picture of them all at the end of the week,

And until then, take care have fun and dodge any rain drops that come your way!

All the best From Clint








18 comments:

  1. And the Women's Institute has taken the field!
    Nice work, Clint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Fearsome to behold they are too. Thank you Roy.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely priceless, jam and Jerusalem abound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. They look a pretty rough lot to me I am sure my troops will be terrified!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers Tams. Some are better than others.

      More VBCW to come and a couple more Vietnamese soon.

      Delete
  4. A formidable group. Nicely painted, Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. In the first picture I think the lady on the right is a man in drag!

      Delete
  5. Love the girl with the bike great figure to use as a messenger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adam. She would indeed make a good messenger in a game.

      Delete
  6. I pity the fool who shoots at this lot ! Great renditions showing off the whole gamut of class and I bet there are not a lot of bloggers that can claim to have 'teal' in their paint collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe I imagine most painters will have. After all once you buy it what else can you use it on!

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love these. The woman with the bicycle is such a nice figure and is just perfect for giving you that authentic look of the times. The mix of ladies in the last pic is nice as well. Nice use of colours on their clothing as well.

    If you can do it, a group pic would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne there is a planned group pic for Saturday. Including the ones on the table at the moment. (About 20 in all). But for the rest of this afternoon I am painting a single figure for my self! (A Vietnam one!)

      Delete
    2. I'll be sorry to see this project come to a close, it's been such fun.

      Enjoy your painting this afternoon!!

      Delete
    3. I don't think it is coming to a close permanently. At least not as far as I am concerned!

      Delete
  8. I think the middle domestic is "Maisy" from Artizan Designs. I painted her about 6 years ago, when there seemed to be fewer figures of servants around: http://ggreig.livejournal.com/82126.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gavin. Having followed the link I strongly believe you are right and it is Maisy. When Matt gets me to paint figures I get no idea who makes then so it mostly is guess work .

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.