Wednesday 26 November 2014

More 6mm Cold war stuff

 

Well I am clearing the paint table and having shown the 2 Gepard last week here is another anti-aircraft vehicle. This time a Marder Mechanised Infantry Combat Vehicle used by the front line German infantry at this time but converted to carry "Roland" Ground to air missiles. This should make helicopter operations a little tricky for the opposition. Well maybe.





Additionally I have finished a battery of 6mm 1/300th scale Abbot 105mm self propelled artillery. A very versatile platform that is still in use today. Able to bring long range indirect fire on the enemy in a variety of forms but with high explosive and even smoke being the most common choices.





There may well be another update tomorrow as I get things done and the table cleared for the painting challenge. Paint Monkey should finish 6 28mm models today (I do so plan) as I want 12 of them finished before Sunday morning and I am out on Saturday.

Right that's enough talking the paint should be dry by now and I can get back to it.

All the best, take care Clint.

16 comments:

  1. Setting yourself up for a post a day Clint? Great stuff. Love your 6mm painting and the bit of fluff you always put in about what they did/still do. Looking forward to Paint Monkey's 28mm models as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well no more small stuff for a few more months due to the challenge and I am clearing the paint table ready for the big push. Thank you Blax.

      Delete
  2. I always liked the German Marder, Clint, and this is a good variant. You're building up a very nice army here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like the Marder as well. As mentioned above put away till March now. Thank you Mate.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff here.. still can't fathom doing 6mm pieces.. too tiny for me! Good luck with the rest of them mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mate. Long way from finishing these but have to move them to the back burner until the Challenge is over.

      Delete
  4. Pretty sure those arty are M109 155mm guns, not Abbots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing out my error. It has been 25 years since I played with them so I am a little rusty. Cheers Mate.

      Delete
  5. This is a rather splendid cold war collection you've had hidden away all this time Clint - lovely work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back all those many years ago it is what we all used to play (well most of us anyway). Thank you Michael.

      Delete
  6. Lovely work Clint! Especially at such a tiny scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob some WW1 German (dismounted) Cavalry tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. I'm no fan of the Marder, but the 105's, now that's a different story.
    I still find it hardto believe that hese are so small - you cram so much detail into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I keep saying they are an easy thing to paint. No highlights and shading. Just basic colours an and INK wash. The bases take the longest to do though.

      Delete
  8. Nice additions. You must have a sizeable force taking shape now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's slowly getting there. I do have many more to come though. All my MBTs and Infantry and carriers.

      Thank you Simon

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.