Friday 10 October 2014

Next step

Three new boards
with 1 old board
And it may be the last step. I will have to see what this dries like! I can see that I haven't matched the colours but for terrain and without re-painting the previous boards I think is close enough. I am not a factory after all and just want a new set of boards to play on. Not looking to make a living out of it!

As you can see we have bright sunlight outside so I will judge the colour when the contrast softens. (Second Breakfast first). So below is a quick flick through the stages since the last view.



2 coats of emulsion to get rid of the green.
Then a slightly brown coat.

 
Yellow top coat to make it match
the other boards.
Only 1/2 the board done.
I might have to add a bit more red to the paint mix!
To match a bit better.
Well that's it for today. Generally the boards are getting there so I am quite happy but still no figure painting mojo! It will come back soon I am sure, no point in trying to force it!

Tomorrow is the next turn on the Napoleonic Naval game and SELWG show on Sunday. SO quite a busy weekend.

Thanks for looking today. Have some fun and enjoy any sun and tune in for the next naval move tomorrow afternoon after I process all the results.

All the best Clint

22 comments:

  1. 2nd breakfast? Are you a hobbit?

    Good work on the boards. Hope to see you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slightly too tall for a hobbit, but only just. Everyone likes 2nd Breakfast.
      Thank you Tamsin and yes hope to see you on Sunday.

      Delete
    2. only just taller Clint, but Postie said he saw hair sprouting out the top of your socks on your last visit to Reject HQ?

      Delete
    3. I cannot deny it Postie has very good eye sight. Thank you Ray

      Delete
    4. The second one is for paint monkey.

      Delete
  2. The boards look great. I've got a similar sectional terrain project that was started but never really finished...

    From the pictures I think the colors are close enough.

    I'm looking forward to the next turn of the game. I may steal your idea but with ironclads. Happy to pay you a licensing fee for the rights - say a few painted 28mm figures?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Miles. No rights involved at all but an invite would be most welcome. No pressure if you want to keep the game closed to people you really know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I didn't think of that. I've just been over to the gentleman's blog and stated I would like to take part in his PBB game.

      Nowt wrong with the boards, from what I can see. Have a good 'un!
      Roy

      Delete
    2. Thank you Roy. I should probably get over to his blog and try to sign up as well. 8-}

      Delete
    3. everyone's welcome to my game but Clint gets a free "re-roll" for starting the whole concept - I think that's fair!

      Delete
    4. I must admit that I got the idea from SHELLDRAKE but I'll happily take the re-roll the next time England Play America at Football!

      Thank you Miles.

      Delete
  4. The key question to ask is whether or not you're happy with the end result or will it irk you in time ?
    I think I'd touch up the edges of the old boards (just and inch or two in) blenidng in with the colours your using for the new boards and match up the boards that way.
    I do think though they look good together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe I may do a finished shot next week showing all the boards set up (Weather permitting as It will need to be outdoors). Yes Touching up the old edges is an excellent and valid idea.

      Delete
  5. They look great to me but the real test is usually when you've got minis on them, and a few dice being rolled in anger :-) If the colour difference irks you whilst you're gaming then I'd make a move Ref repaint etc, but if you lose yourself in the game (and the boards) then keep them as is. From the last photo I reckon you'll lose yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. I suspect you are right. It is after
      all the game that is important. Not the scenery(although that does assist the game.

      Delete
  6. It is good that although you've lost your figure painting mojo, you're still working on hobby related projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. There is always something hobby related to do. And sometimes a change is as good as a rest.

      Delete
  7. Nice boards dude!
    They are full of Clinty goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't they know about 2nd breakfast? Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ad. If they don't know about 2nd Breakfast do they know it comes in Pints?

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.