Saturday 13 September 2014

Turn 7

Boom Boom Boom! Yes there have finally been some shots! More of that later. The turn sequence was drawn at random and to the right are the results.

A couple of players may be making a few repairs this turn. Very simply IF you have been hit. Some shots were fired but no damage done. So like I said IF you were hit I will email you and let you know what damage you have suffered and what you can repair with how many "damage repair parties" each party you assign will have a 5 or 6 chance on D6 of repairing 1 specified item. For example if you have taken 3 hits (2 to the hull and 1 to a mast) and you have 6 Repair crews you may assign two to each damage or you may assign 6 to a single mast hit. OR any other combination you desire (No fractions) ... whole numbers only... so you can't say 4.5 repair crews to repair hull box 1 and 1 repair crew to hull box 2 and 1/2 a repair crew to fix the mast. ! That's just trying to confuse me and it will work Oh so easily!
I have my step ladder back now.
So the usual overview of the game.

Mathyoo is doing his own thing and may be making a break for freedom...
And he may not!

The Main Spanish Fleet.

Millsy is out of Arc to fire on HMS Badger and
out of range to hit anything else so he hold his fire.
 

As ray had not sent me a turn in. He let loose a
 "Ragged" uncoordinated Broadside at Milsy!
As such his shooting was ineffective.
 

From the other side of the table the British line did slightly better.


HMS Agamemnon fires a broadside at San Francis
 

Seb fires a broadside at HMS Challenge.

HMS Challenge again with no orders this turn manages a
ragged and un co-ordinated broad side at SS Pina Colada!

HMS Pachyderm is out of range so just watches the action.
Also on the Left hand side of the board two more Spanish are now out of the harbour and out of range of any shore batteries!
I will email anyone that has taken damage. IF YOU DO NOT RECIEVE an email from me the damage has been inconsequential. As Mentioned above at least one Broadside failed to get any hits on target!

Once again thanks for playing and if you need any more photos I will send them out to you on MONDAY! Dead line for next turn orders will be 20th September at 9am. My thanks to you all.

All the best Clint

23 comments:

  1. While coming from a nation with a proud naval heritage, I have miscalculated the speed of my frigate :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are fine for the moment. Thank you Mathyoo.

      Delete
  2. Damn, forgot my bloody orders!!! Sorry chaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Ray it was bound to happen to some one. Cheers Mate.

      Delete
  3. Boom! Boom! Boom! inspiring stuff. am avidly watching how this game goes, as blog games are something that I've an idea on wanting to try my hand at running myself. Cheers for posting these, and will keep on reading.
    Roy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Roy. It's all a bit of an experiment really but it might provide some light relief!

      Delete
  4. Damn! I thought we were a lot closer than that! Going down to half sail might have been a mistake :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trust Admiral Roussel to spent his turn at the heads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't blame him. He's scared you-know-what of my crack crew and what is about to happen... 😁

      Delete
    2. Thank you both. Ray can't believe he sent no orders in so sure as eggs is eggs I am pretty sure he will this turn. As for Ray being at the head It must have been touching cloth!

      Delete
  6. Ha ha! Finally some action. Brace yourselves , the gunners are warming up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goody!!! I'm so excited to see shots fired. Now I can't wait to find out who took the damage and how bad it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will only declare visible damage. So mostly no one will know the damage other than the player of the ship which is damaged. So things like loosing a mast, or being on fire will be visible to all, but mostly no one will get to know how badly damaged you are.
      Thank you Anne.

      Delete
  8. Excellent! Cannons fired in anger. About time too. Great stuff Clint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bob. They are still at long range and extreme range though so very little damage has actually been done so far..... but I must predict more to come.

      Delete
  9. Some firing at last! And I'm STILL out of range!! Sigh.... Next turn, maybe....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had been suicidal you could have gotten involved so much quicker! Thank you Lee.

      Delete
  10. Nice starting to see some action :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. It will go slowly for sure, but will build up as time goes by!

      Delete
  11. I like the stepladder view, that is clever. Just be careful up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is necessity being the mother of invention. There are 3 dangers up there. Banging my head on the purlins (already done that!) Dropping the camera (not yet!) or falling off (as Long as I don't fall onto the table I'll be OK!) Thank you Michael.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.