Wednesday 18 December 2013

Challenge WIP (1)

 I have been slowly working away at Curt's 4th Annual Painting Challenge. While I have not made a submission just yet I am getting close and Hope to finish these this afternoon, All I really need to do is to get the bases dried, painted and a few clumps of foliage and we can call them done. As you can see there are 12 stands each of 4 Ashigaru armed with Naginata. Two in my new read colour scheme and an additional one in the alternative blue/grey of my existing force. Needless to say they are Pendraken Miniatures and are essencially the same as you have seen on this blog before. But the idea is to use the painting challenge to encourage me to paint and make headway into my lead mountain. As opposed to starting new projects.

Well that was the plan until I got an email last night inviting the Rainham club to put a game on at a local show on the 16th March 2014. As this is the day after the challenge finishes I will have to start painting for that game in the next few weeks. This will also mean making a couple of terrain boards as well. While I have them planned in my mind it will all take time and effort and draw me away from the Challenge and especially the bonus rounds. Still this is not a complaint as it will just mean I will try to get various things done for the bonus rounds a little earlier that I had anticipated.

That's todays update. As noted above these should appear on Curt's Blog very soon ( Link ). Thanks for looking and feel free to comment here or on Curt's blog as you want.

All the best Clint

13 comments:

  1. You're right about the challenge making your forces larger and these are a great addition to the ranks, can't help thinking you need a new project though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I do the DeadZone figures that will count as a new project! Thank you Jo you usually manage to put a smile on my face.

      Delete
  2. I am sure it will all go to plan in the end. But Plan B and not the original Plan. Just finished painting 9 camels. Still have to do their harnesses and "Saddle furniture" but at least it's a start.

    Thank you Loki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're off to a good start with this entry and it should give you some decent points. You'll really be up against it with this new project, but I know you can do it. Just don't stress out too much and keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Anne. To be honest it is not really a new project, more one that has been brought forward from June to March. So the time scale has shortened and I will have to build two extra terrain boards on the hurry up.

    As for the Challenge. All points are good points. These should earn me about 45-50points. Which should be a good start. Later today I will start "The Girls" as you called them. Still not sure about their hats, but they should make acceptable "Non Combatants".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you I haven't managed to get an entry in yet, but getting closer! These look great though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are now finished and I will photograph them this afternoon and email them off to Curt. I will then start my "Non Combatants" with a view of finishing them by Sunday afternoon. And I hope to get the 600 point prize for the first to reach the goal done as well.

    Thank you Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job Clint. Nice to see the two opposing sides colours side by side. Looking forward to hear more about the show game for March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As mentioned above it's the same game a I planned for June, (Arab Revolt) but it has been brought forward 3 months. Which has changed the building/painting schedule. In fact I have started the first few camels.

      Thank you Simon.

      Delete
  8. Really enjoying seeing your Samurai/Ashigaru forces grow. Excellent painting as always mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carl, this batch is now finished so you can expect some finished pictures of them in a day or two. I have already emailed Curt and with luck he should put them up tonight. Currently painting some wild west types..... and will start some Cancan dancers tomorrow. (Every wild west game needs Cancan Dancers!)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.