Thursday 14 November 2013

Painted for a friend (1)

I was asked to paint this figure for a friend to be an officer of a British naval landing party. I am the very first of no doubt a long cue to admit I do not know what I am doing. As I peer over my shoulder I can see a line of people agreeing that the person typing this is deffo no expert on colonial era uniforms. Still I have done my best and that's all you can do at the end of the day.

Not much to show I grant you but it is another figure down with many more to go. I have many more of this British Naval landing party to do By many I do of course mean about 13-14. So not too many really. I was meant to  do them about a year ago but everything started getting in the way. Such is life here at "Anything But! Something's you want to get done and can finish quickly others take much longer. So Matt if you are reading this it all does get finished eventually.

Thanks for popping by, more 28mm colonial British in two days time.. All the best Clint

19 comments:

  1. Looks very good to me. I guess that the officer has a batman to make sure his white trousers are kept clean, even on campaign :-) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There might be a whole fleet of Batmen.... There are 2 more officers to come in the next blog post (as well as some ratings)>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Clint old chap especially the nag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister has kept one or more horses for the last 35 years or so. And if you have a sister you will know that is not something I would EVER dare to get wrong.

      Thanks Fran. Appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. That looks pretty good to me Clint and reminds me that I really should dust off some of my historicals for December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael if it passes your eyes as OK then It is probably very close to the right colours. Cheers Mate.

      Delete
  5. My view is there is only one rule for painting historical uniforms: does it look cool? You definitely have passed that test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really dig that comment. It has seriously put a smile on my face. Thank you Dan

      Delete
  6. Thank you Loki. (I so hope I have the right person!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good to me Clint! Please do a group shot when finished. I want todo a naval party for EotD so will look forward to see how you do them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do a group shot. There are some machine guns to do as well. (I did show one on here over a year ago.... and now there are two more to add to the collection. So there will be a few more posts on this subject in the next week or two.

      Thank you Brummie.

      Delete
  8. He looks great. I thought he was 54mm at first. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 54mm wow that is compliment indeed. I thank you sir.

      Delete
  9. He looks suitably colonial, old chap, no fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers John. A few more tomorrow as well. then more next week.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. I'll put some more on later today.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.