Saturday 19 October 2013

Zombtober 3 and Pressies for me!

 Let's start with Zombtober week 3. Yes another Foundry Wild West Zombie which makes 3 of this exact pose for me now but as long as I don't stand them side by side I should get away with it! It can be noted that he has taken severe torso damage looking at the damage on his back I might suggest by a shotgun but more details such as if it happened when he was alive, dead or undead I shall leave for you to decide.

As with all the zombie gunfighters he still manages to hold onto his gun somehow. I have never been a fan of zombies with weapons but I guess the sculptors are so who am I to quibble about it.  His green coat and blue bow tie mark him as a town gent of some kind. In my mind I was thinking Lawyer as I painted him but once on the table top most players will not be too fussy about previous professions unless I make it a scenario objective.

Well that aside week Three of Zombtober and another zombie figure done so I am just keeping to the pledge and completing the bare minimum of the requirements. As you all know my painting has been focused elsewhere (into 10mm Samurai). Not making excuses I shall of course continue with the project and have already started my next zombie gunfighter as well. That's a hint for next weekend!

I should also say a big THANK YOU to Anne O'Leary from O'Leary Miniatures Blog who ran I prise draw that I was incredibly lucky enough to win. I did actually win a $50 Amazon Voucher. Which was fantastically generous and for which I am truly grateful. Amazon being the big international business that they are could not convert the dollars into pounds sterling, they were contacted both sides of the Atlantic and no joy. So Anne very generously sent me some figures instead. Those figures arrived yesterday. The painted figure is one of Anne's own masterpieces and having already given my word to Fran (The Angry Lurker) that I will pass it on to him. With some reluctance I shall. I have no facilities to store anything display based and only things for the table top battles. Everything else though I shall keep. I have no imeadiate use for the resin figures, although they could make very good Conan demons and the like so they may get painted in the future. Likewise The 6 "Can-Can Dancers" will no doubt get painted despite the fact that I have little use for them.......... but sooner or later I will have a use for some dancing girls!! The Bank hold ups set with figures and bank counter do have a far more obvious use as does the Reaper figure in the Blister. So all in all while I am disappointed that AMAZON could not deal with a change of currency I am over-joyed with what Anne has sent me. Most importantly it is all about the happiness I felt at winning and not the loot/prise/swag. To me this is actually a better prise than the voucher as it is far more personal as I know Anne has followed my blog and put items in the parcel specific to me. And that is so much better in my mind than a generic prise that anyone could have gotten.

Once more Thank you Anne.

That's it for today. More again on Monday assuming I remember my camera tomorrow! All the best and I hope to see you all again soon.

Cheers Clint


18 comments:

  1. The zombie gunfighter looks great.

    And congratulations on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zombie looks great. I can imagine an amusing shootout between zombies as they try and take aim and pull triggers etc. I think with weapons its easier to remove them on figures than it is to add them. I bet if you had some spare plastic hands you could remove the guns quite easy if you felt like it.

    I'm after some suitable zombies to use as lord characters for SOBH but not seen the ones that have shouted out to me get just yet.

    Nice haul from the U.S! I hope Fran enjoys that lovely spy figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about removing weapons. (If I really look hard I would find spare hands....... so I am not looking as moaning about it is easier.)

      You will find the right figures eventually!
      And if Fran does not like the figure I will be very surprised. As he's one of the good guys though I know he'll be happy with it.

      Thank you Simon.

      Delete
  3. You know that Rapier Miniatures does a range of skeletal American Indians, don't you? Just saying...

    Anne's parcel seems very generous; well done for winning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know. Thanks for the heads up!
      I agree Anne is very generous.
      Thank you Colgar.

      Delete
  4. Another great post and wow, you were a lucky chap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, and yes I know how lucky I have been and I am very thankful.

      Delete
  5. Great Cowboy Zombie there Clint and a great prize too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like how you've painted the zombie. What a very fine present from Anne, you lucky man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Bryan. yes I am very chuffed to have won something Blummin lucky if you ask me.

      Delete
  7. Great work on the zombie, as for the prize draw..see, can't say you don't win anything anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claiming that I don't win anything ok maybe I can't for at least a week. But the club game today is one I stink at so expect a Loss in Mondays AAR!

      Thank you.

      Delete
  8. I love that old figure- you have done a great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't mind if you want to keep the figure old boy, nice haul from the cailin sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like the figure to go to a good home where it will be appreciated. I cannot display it at all so I would rather it added to your collection.

      I do sincerely appreciate the offer though. Cheers Mate.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.