Sunday 13 October 2013

SELWG SWAG

As you can see I did not go overboard on the loot from SELWG show at Crystal Palace. I will do a report on the show and the games and maybe even write a little about the other bloggers whom I happen to meet there. For now however just a quick peek the goodies I walked out of the show with.

Yes the carrier bag was £6 and the entrance fee was free, although I might have gotten that round the wrong way!

1 Box of Defiance Games UAMC. 24 plastic multi-part science fiction infantry. Very similar to those that might have been encountered on LV426, well at least in my opinion!

2 packets of peter Pig figures for PBI. If you are very interested 1 pack of Artillery crew and one pack of .50 browning HMGs with crew. Just to carry on and round out my US PBI company (just filling in the options).

1 4-Ground General purpose wagon. I am sure many of you will already have got these built and painted, but it is my first one. If I can assemble it, paint it and store it successfully I do anticipate getting a couple more. They are after all half the price of a metal version.

6 Ainsty Castings Blisters, A variety of science fiction bits and bobs. I so easily could have gotten more, but I went small here because I have yet to even start thinking about the 28mm Sci-Fi Board I want to make. But that is a little way in the future so don't read ahead too much.

I did find one thing on the bring and buy a single pack of foundry figures which I scooped up for a fiver. I hope to get it painted in the coming week or maybe two and you can see what it is then. Just one hint, I will include it in my Zomtober (Zombtober) nonsense!

There were a few other things I did consider getting, A couple of rule sets, some more ACW figures in 15mm maybe the start of some Spanish Napoleonic army. I did look at Fields of Glory and FOG Renaissance but they tend to be cheaper on eBay. I did look for a nice Osprey book as well, but they did not have what I wanted at a bargain price so I will wait and pick one up when the price is right for me.

A Show report and eye candy games pics to follow in the next few days.

Final thought just a quick teaser. Speaking to Karl at Crooked Dice I have seen the greens of the new batch of St Trinian's figures (out November) and to be honest I now KNOW I MUST get some! (Even if I never use them I really like the "Feral Fourth Form Gils" And if you don't say nice things about them they may bash you up!)

Cheers Clint.

29 comments:

  1. Nice loot Clint. Shame I didn't make it this year, but I guess it saved me some money. Well, saved me cash from my purse - I've placed a £55 order for some minis from Donnington this afternoon and will probably be placing a very big order with Old Glory 15s later this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would have been nice to see you there of course, but everyone has a budget they need to stick to so I can understand not going and buying more things. Next show for me is Cavalier so not till next year.

      Delete
  2. A rather splendid haul there Clint, looking forward to seeing what the marines look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As am I. I have plotted and planed a game for them, now just need to get an opposing force. (St Serle's Perhaps!)

      Delete
  3. Hide the space marines guys Clint, you'll get storm! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I put zombie heads on them..... nah not really! They were a want purchase, not a need purchase so don't expect them soon.

      Delete
  4. A pleasure to meet up with you as always old boy! The offer is still open:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. I mean no offense by declining the offer, but decline I will have to.

      Delete
    2. Okay brother, don't let the bastards grind you down!

      Delete
    3. Nil carberundum iligitimi . And words to that effect!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had an interesting day! I Can't wait for the St.Searles girls either. The haul is still a good one hmmm sci-fi bits and troopers very similar to colonial marines you say hmmmmm I wonder what you have planned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes had a few good chats with friends. Had a few game ideas approved of by other wargamers and got a historical briefing of a series of battles I want to tackle for Broadside 2014.

      As for the colonial marines bought for a scenario in "Vlad's Army!" nudge nudge wink wink.

      Delete
  6. Loot is always good, isn't it :-) . Wouldn't be a proper show otherwise...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am luck as on arriving home none of this loot has any regret attached. Sometimes I find impulse buys do.

      Delete
  7. Glad you enjoyed show and a good load of loot. Missed it this year as stuck at work all day covering a work shy sickie !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show was less for your not being there. Everyone has work colleagues they want to slap some sense into. Just feel sorry for the person who ends up married to them!

      Delete
  8. Very jealous as we have nothing like SELWG where I am.

    I have a box of the marines, but as it needs superglue and not modelling glue (unless they have changed the plastic they are made from) I have yet to do anything with them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I have seen them in this country. I now know who stocks them so I can see more purchases ahead. I did not realise they needed superglue, I will now approach with caution. Thanks for the heads up.

      Delete
  9. You did pretty well for yourself in the loot department!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always buy more at a later date when you see things at shows. So while not a huge haul there is enough to keep me going for now. Thanks Anne.

      Delete
  10. Always good to see you mate. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice haul there and I am looking forward to seeing the Colonial Marines painted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The UAMC box set will have to wait a while so don't hold your breathe. Although perhaps I have a use for them before Christmas.

      First from the purchases yesterday will be the 15mm artillery crew and the figures from the bring and buy. I will start undercoating today!

      Thank you Peter.

      Delete
  12. A nice eclectic mix of goodies, Clint. Of all the things you mentioned the new St. Trinian's girls excite me the most. They will definitely be a MUST BUY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the same time as the St Serle's Girls they will also be releasing some cultists. The cultists will be for the "Vlads Army" 7ombie TV supplement I think.

      I think I saw at least 4 girls including a "hefty" one. (but that may have been the angle of the photograph. ) Looks like there could be enough for some jolly hockey-sticks type fun.

      Delete
  13. A very interesting loot bag and it seemed a very restrained purchase list. The Crooked dice girls will be an extremely popular item for many gamers, which says a lot (possibly too much ?).
    The Defiance Marines are very interesting as I'd never heard of them, but the information has been passed on to my son for his Alien project.
    Thanks for post Clint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defiance games is an American company (Maryland If I Remember correctly). The UAMC are the closest to the film but it is worth looking at the whole range. (I'll probably get some "Bugs" as well).

      Yes school girls and gamers..... wrong on so many levels!

      Cheers Jo.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.