Thursday 17 October 2013

Ashigaru with Naginata

Yet more for my Samurai army. Today 8 stands of Ashigaru with Nagaiata. These I think will be the main troop type of the armies. I will as you already know have a variety of troop types, peasents, Ahigaru and Samuari as well as a variety of weapons. As yet I do not have any figures with spears (Yari) but I will be adding some as the time goes on as historically they were more common. For now as I am using up figures I already have and not spending any money and placing orders. As with all the others they are by Pendraken Miniatures

Not a huge amount more to say about them but it is getting to the point where I will be able to show a group shot of the first army so far.

Thanks for looking. Teacher's strike today so looking after my nephew so cutting this short and looking after him.

More again soon. Take care talk soon Best wishes Clint.



13 comments:

  1. Very nice, as always. 10mm seems to be a nice compromise between detail and mass effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colgar. I must say I do like 10mm figures. For me they have all the advantages of both 6mm in terms of cost and storage and also of 15mm figures in terms of detail and painting.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see progress Clint, I can't wait to see full army shot!
    As you guys are talking about scale, I have to say I agree, 15mm seems to be the ugly duckling compared to those, the mass effect is cheaper and better presented with 10mm and details seem good enough.

    Before I forget for 3rd time, what rules are you basing them for? Does number of soldiers on a stand matter or that's just how much fit on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mathyoo. I am currently writing my own rules for them as such I will put 4 figures to an infantry base and 3 to a cavalry base and 1 gun and crew to an artillery base.

      Delete
  3. You seemed to be making great leaps and bounds with these, which is good.
    I think you're right about the Yari and I suspect you'd be mixing these guys into spear armed units if the figures weren't on strips !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. I will not be mixing Yari in with naginata simply because I have no figures with yari. That will change in the future of course and then I will keep the bases the same, but may mix Naginata and Yari bases within the same unit. (I hope that makes some kind of sense.)

      Delete
  4. Loving these Sengoku Jidai posts. Another cracking Ashigaru unit Clint, look forward to a full army shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carl. I should do a group shot next week. Zombtober post on Saturday, club game on Monday......so after that.

      Delete
  5. Great work Clint, the samurai forces are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your back ground it evokes massive themes in my tiny mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hip shot. It is actually of Normandy France but I liked the mistiness of it.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.