Friday 26 April 2013

GZG Scout Vehicles from Salute loot!

Here are the  first things to get painted after Salute. Two hover scout vehicles in 15mm to supplement my FSE Stargrunt II force. As you will remember all my Federal States Europa (FSE) float on cushions of "air". I say "Air" but dependant on the planet it might not be what we think of as Air. They each have turreted light guns which are not heavy enough for anti armour use, but would make a mess of either soft skins or infantry (including powered Infantry).

As you can see from the front and rear elevations they have nicely sloped sides which helps to give them a low profile. They are on square bases which tells you they are by far the smallest vehicles I have so far. In the future, this will change as I increase the size of the force and include quad bikes and other very small vehicles. These are made by Ground Zero Games as is all my 15mm sci fi figures, as I have no intention at this point to mix and match from other manufactures. Perhaps I will later, but for now I desire continuity in the force.

I have no more 15mm GZG on the painting table at the moment, but I hope to do some more soon as I have a FSE Power Infantry squad that keeps beckoning to me from the lead pile in a most alluring way. Next time will be 28mm as I have something very nearly finished. Next time will be Sunday so until then thanks for looking and have a good couple of days. All the best Clint.

13 comments:

  1. Nice Hover tanks. Always admired the GZG 15mm stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed GZG 15mm is nice. I shall have to get some more.

      Delete
  2. Those are nice! I know I keep mentioning it, but I want to paint some of those, too! :D

    I do prefer wheels and tracks to hovercrafts and grav tanks myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GZG do some lovely wheeled vehicles. Worth checking them out.

      Delete
  3. I haven't got round to my GZG Salute loot yet, very nice work my boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, I look forward to seeing them.

      Delete
  4. Nice job Clint. I've yet to get any GZG figures I do like there Alien Mercenary's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GZG do lots of good stuff. I prefer the 15mm to the 25mm though especially if you want vehicles. They sold all their 25mm resin vehicle molds. So if you want them you need to look elsewhere.

      Delete
  5. Yes just your cup of tea. Science Fiction wargames.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Clint :)

    "a FSE Power Infantry squad that keeps beckoning to me from the lead pile in a most alluring way"

    flashing their stockings? blowing kisses? batting their eyelids? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually a wink and a smile, but recently they have been doing the 3 second look and then looking away routine so I know they are getting serious!

      Delete
  7. Wait! I'd forgotten you play Star Grunt too! We need to make a day of it now. SGII in the morning and Battletech in the afternoon (or vice versa).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds more like a weekend than a day.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.